1. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
2. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. When you shop online, be certain the site you happen to be on starts off with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. When a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.