1. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can easily be impersonated or perhaps out-right hacked. Get your information on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the main site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Shop around when shopping online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you can.
3. When shopping online, be sure the site you are on starts with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. If a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
5. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.