1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.