1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are choosing a site to purchase from. If you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your credit card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a secure page when you're adding your bank card information.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
5. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research about this. The internet may be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the customer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.