1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" within the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.