1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
2. Online shopping is a great way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
3. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.