1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
3. If you're concerned about whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with various sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the client service, shipping, and gain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
4. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the case, choose the one which will save you the most money.
5. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.