1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
3. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
4. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
5. Before making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for the shipping on your own items and in case there are free shipping options open to you.