1. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
4. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have special deals and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may obtain a discount in the item or even free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.