1. Whenever you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money with a company that fails to provide.
3. If you are intending to be online shopping, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you understand is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.