1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider obtaining a separate charge card to use only for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online stores give out reductions for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name in the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This really is a great way to spend less when you shop online.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.