1. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money with a company that fails to offer.
2. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
5. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.