1. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider obtaining a separate charge card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. To guard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. If you are going to get doing some online shopping, make sure you comprehend the liability for each credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your card when the number is stolen.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. When shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to find the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make certain you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.