1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
2. Always remember your budget and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual arena of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation being a seller.
4. If you frequently shop online, make sure your antimalware is always high quality and up-to-date. Major shopping sites are usually targeted by hackers and other shady types who make an effort to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software offers you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
5. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.