1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. If a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their goods and would use a promotion code.
3. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
5. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.