1. Call the internet company prior to making a purchase. In case you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you could reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your bank card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" within the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
5. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.