1. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like one that you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
3. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might like to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
5. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, and so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.