1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. If you like an online store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
3. Always remember your financial budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.