1. Call the web company prior to making a purchase. In case you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your bank card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.