1. When shopping for a particular item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, it can save you as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
2. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. When you are making a purchase online, make certain you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Charge card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far concerning wave the $50 for you, meaning that you will not be out of pocket.