1. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the net. Many internet retailers give out discounts for various things and you can locate them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name in the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This is a great way to spend less when you shop online.
2. Be wary of the emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a web site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter the web site you need to go to. It is much safer that way.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.