1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. Online shopping is a wonderful way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a wise decision about the product. You may be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.