1. Once you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a whole new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. While shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy for the greatest price for just about any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. For those who have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.