1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as a seller.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.