1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. When you are searching for a place to buy an item and none of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not to take your cash.
4. When shopping online, use a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within dependent on hours.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.