1. For those who have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.
2. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Prior to making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it really will cost for your shipping on your own items and when there are free delivery options open to you.