1. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering making a purchase on an item that you might like to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are on the up and up and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.