1. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
3. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for that shipping on your own items and if there are free shipping options available to you.
4. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
5. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, make sure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.