1. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
3. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.
4. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
5. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to determine if other customers enjoyed a good knowledge of them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to make certain that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.