1. Although it might appear tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Once you enjoy the convenience of frequent internet shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
5. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.