1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
2. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply check out at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, move on to a different site to be around the safe side.
3. If you want to save money on the products you buy online and would like to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals if you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. While shopping online, be sure the site you might be on starts off with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.