1. Discover more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through another store.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
3. While shopping online, use a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, make certain you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.