1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.
3. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, and so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
4. Be mindful where you submit your charge card information. When you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
5. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.