1. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
2. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Always remember your finances and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.