1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
5. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, proceed to a different site to be around the safe side.