1. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money with a company that fails to deliver.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
4. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a wide swerve.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.