1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Talk to your friends about their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
5. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.