1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
4. If you want to spend less on the products you buy online and wish to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals in the event you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.