1. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may obtain a discount in the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply check out at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, start working on a different site to be on the safe side.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. When shopping for a particular item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a variety of websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.