1. Learn the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.