1. Look for discount codes when shopping on the net. Many online retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just enter the name in the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This is a great way to save money when you shop online.
2. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!
3. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply search for at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, start working on a different site to be on the safe side.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.