1. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
4. Look for online coupons when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out discounts for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This can be a great way to spend less when you shop online.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's arriving at you fairly!