1. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
3. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
4. Talk to your friends regarding their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to shop. This can save you a lot of time as well as.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.