1. When you shop online, be sure the site you might be on starts with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
2. In case a company includes a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their goods and would use a coupon code.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
4. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is quite common, and you also must protect your information whatsoever cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.