1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
2. If you want to save money on the products you get online and would like to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals should you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.