1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. If you want to spend less on the products you buy online and want to make online shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals should you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.
3. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always top-notch and up-to-date. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers as well as other shady types who attempt to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software offers you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.