1. To safeguard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, ensure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
4. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.