1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. When you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a whole new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
5. Learn the online store's return policy. Should you be considering making a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.