1. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
3. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you opt for the first sale you see, there exists a chance you may miss out on a much better deal somewhere else.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.