1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
3. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they can have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
4. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one that you have in your own home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.