1. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can find them by carrying out a simple search. Just enter in the name of the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.