1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
3. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is fairly common, and also you must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
5. Be cautious where you submit your bank card information. When you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.