1. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on the items and when there are free delivery options accessible to you.
5. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.