1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
3. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
5. When you find yourself making a purchase online, make sure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Charge card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, meaning that you will not be out of pocket.